Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Healthy

     Living a healthy lifestyle helps your skin. Everyone knows this. I didn't really stick to my New Years Resolutions (I can't even remember what they were) but I have lots of mental daily goals to help me stay on track to be healthy. Liiiike eat at LEAST one serving of veggies every day. Sounds simple right? Well when you leave the house from 6:30-7:30am and don't get back until 10pm, it can be a bit of a challenge. So here is my secret:

Juice.

     I love juicing. I have a juicer, but I never use it. I like smoothies better, because then you get the WHOLE fruit/veggie/whatever, and not just the juice. Plus you can pre juice/smoothie (is that a verb?), freeze it overnight and take it with you the next day. So grab your blender and try this recipe because it has 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of vegetables… and it's SO GOOD! (This is my fave made up recipe yet).

In your blender: 
1 banana
1 clementine (or 1/2 orange)*
1 small handful of spinach (I get it by the bunch, not in the bag so the stems are still attached)
7-10 pieces of ice
About 1/3 c. water

Blend until really fine. Should look like this…


You can't even taste the spinach. You only taste the banana! Mmmm.. :)
*I only add the clementine for an extra bit of Vit C.


And while I'm at it…Let me tell you how much I love Greek yogurt. LOVE. I can only eat the honey or strawberry kinds without having to blend them in a drink. It has tons of sugar though, and they're high calorie. So for me, it's a great way to start the day. 

Portion control. 

Oops it's expired….. Meh. It was still good!

I HATE counting calories. It seems to work for some people, not for me. I am a firm believer that if you eat balanced meals and fruit/veggies for snacks, there's no need to count calories! I'm more about controlling portion size and eating more often. 



Hope you like! 
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment