Monday, January 6, 2014

Peace + Balance

I've often wondered what the secret to life is. Now I'm not an old woman who knows all the mysteries of the universe (yet!), but I believe have figured out the key to my happiness.

Balance.

At least 360 of the 365 days of the year my life feels like chaos. Especially as a student. It's always go go go, from the moment that alarm goes off at 6:45am until my brain FINALLY shuts off somewhere around 11pm at night. School, work, homework, Grey's Anatomy, repeat. I have finally reached a point where I have become content in the day to day craziness of life.

I'm currently taking 19 science credits at a university here in Washington. During my undergraduate degree, I was able to take at least 15 credits and still be able to work without it effecting my grades. However, as my husband told me  alllll along (I hate to say it, but you were right), science courses are SO much more difficult than even my senior level communication courses. I quit my job so I could regain some sanity and pass my ridiculous chemistry tests.

Balance to me means that all the priorities in my life receive enough attention. Between family, the Mr, school, God & religion, my pup, travel and relaxation. Those are the keys to balance in my life. Maybe I'm still riding a high from the holidays. It's quite possible that within two weeks I will be coming apart at the seams once again. But for now, I'm quite content.



The perfect relaxation remedy: a HOT HOT bath. I'm still on the hunt for that perfect bubble bath! If you have one you love, let me know! Hot water + bubble bath + a great book + candles = total and complete BLISS.

P.S. should we go to Thailand or New Zealand this summer? We are so INDECISIVE!




Love,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment