Monday, April 29, 2013

No More Excuses: Day 1

I'm sick of making excuses. All through college I've told myself: "I don't have the time, money, etc. to eat as healthy as I should, and to be in as fit as I'd like to be." Well folks, now that college is out of the way (YAY!) I'm done making excuses. Join me! Think about it, healthier life, happier, more satisfied, why not?

Day 1: 

Breakfast: Egg and cheese omelet w/hot sauce and mixed berry smoothie.


Lunch: Elk stir fry with leftover mixed berry smoothie and peas. 


Dinner: Probably left over stir fry! Or a small piece of chicken (about the size of a stack of cards), and lots of veggies! 

Dessert: Healthy fruit smoothie! They are delicious and filling! Tip: Use honey for a natural sweetener, and it's better than refined white sugar. Plus, there's lots of controversy out there about agave, so just opt for the honey!

*REMEMBER to drink at least 64 oz. of water each day. Even if you're running to the bathroom every half hour, it's worth it. Your body will thank you. 

P.S. I'm NOT a master cook, so all the recipes on here will be easy!



EXERCISE: Today I did an hour of Zumba, in prep for the lessons I'll be teaching next week in Fiji. Afterwards, I did a half hour or so of cycling up our beautiful Provo canyon, then came home to finish today's portion of the Zumba planning. Holy cow. Choreography is hard! Props to all dancers! I have never choreographed anything before, it took at least an hour to just get ONE song down and I was sweating bullets! Hopefully the Fijian ladies will like it, I guess they've never really exercised before so no one will know how silly I look! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment